We are always happy to make a contribution to Retail Times. Our recent article highlights the importance of making a good first impression at your entrance, both from a safety and an aesthetic point of view.
- Distracted walking is a cause of accidents. To avoid incidents, ensure your walkways are clear of dangers and well maintained.
- A suitable entrance matting system is vital for removing and retaining moisture and silica and preventing slip, trip and fall accidents.
- Wet footprints on your floor are often an indication that your matting meterage is insufficient. Consider how much matting you need for it to work efficiently. It is recommended that a minimum of 4 sqm is required to achieve adequate foot capture.
- A frequent cleaning schedule is required to maintain a fresh image throughout the day; vacuum daily and schedule regular deep cleans.
- Heavy-duty dust mats with nitrile rubber backing will serve you well compared with lighter PVC backed mats in the absence of fixed matting.
- Don't forget sustainability when making design choices. Where possible, choose products with a high recycled content.
Thank you to the team at Retail Excellence, Duncan Graham, Keelan Bourke, Antoinette Colleran, for providing excellent support to retail companies nationwide.
About the Author
Footfall is Ireland’s leading Flooring Contractor, providing aftersales support and maintenance service. We offer a free site survey and a comprehensive supply & fit service to all of our clients nationwide. Talk with one of our sales team today & we will recommend the best flooring solution for your business.